travelling in india
How to travel in India
How to Get to India
India has spent a lot in order to improve the infrastructure of the major international airports so to ease and give comfort to tourists while travelling in India. IGI airport New Delhi is an example of new design and significance of India potential to spend on its development. Foreigners can entered India from many important cities which have International airport like New Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai, Hyderabad etc. India is connected with many known hub cities of the world for e.g. London, Frankfurt, Dubai, Moscow, Rome etc. Countries which are in the list of visa on arrival: Finland, Japan, Luxembourg, New Zealand, Singapore, Cambodia, Vietnam, Philippines, Laos and Myanmar.
Tourist Maps of India
- 1. By Air: The most frequent and easy way of travelling in India. Take precaution during foggy weather as there may be chances that many flight may get cancelled and the few one which are flying may become expensive. Do take advise of the weather forecast before planning your travelling in India. South India will be better bet to travel from 3rd week of December till 2nd week of January, which is very less troubled by the disturbance of foggy weather.
- 2. Indian Railway: The best trains to travel in India are Rajdhandi and Shatabdi. These two trains not only travel fast but also are on time most of the time. It is advisable for foreigners to book their tickets in minimum 2nd AC Coaches. It is not a bad idea to chain your luggage while sleeping as many people in India follow the same to be on safer side. The locking chains are easily available in the station by walking sellers.
- 3. By Road: It is recommended to use travel agents services for travelling through cars as it provides better and safer way of travelling in India. Pay attention to book Tourists vehicles only, though expensive they have certain privileges. Public transport can be used for internal city transport. Metro is new choice coming in most of the major cities in India.
Important tips: Avoid visiting the rush markets with lot of cash. Do select the hotels which have electronic safe in their rooms. Do not pack a lot while travelling in India as it may get difficult for you to get around busy places.
What to visit in India
Best places to visit North India:
- Taj Mahal (Agra): The monument of love Taj Mahal is in Agra, which was the historical capital of India at the time of Mughal Emperors. The city well know for Taj Mahal these days is located 204 KM from Delhi, the present capital of India.
- Khajuraho Temples: The group of temples depicting love and arts
Best places to visit South India:
- Brihadeshwar Temple: The great Chola temples of 10th century considered to be largest structure of its time and the first temple made of granite.
- Shore Temple: One of the major attraction of Mahabalipuram, a temple designed by human and carved by the sea.
Best places to visit West India:
- Elephanta Caves: A half an hour boat drive from Mumbai will take you to a perfect secluded place to enjoy the peace and admire the great work of people living in serenity.
- Jaisalmer Fort: A living fort which still in-house the people inside. Tourist can also book accommodation in the small serai and hotels located inside the fort.
Best places to visit East India:
- Majuli Islands: A perfect living island on the river Brahmaputra. An overnight on the island with the villagers in tourist hut-houses will be memorable for you.
- Kaziranga National Park: The park host many flora and fauna of India, protected landscape which is also accorded as the UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Tel India: +91 9873914479