Tours of Kathmandu and Surroundings
Day 1: Tourist arrival at Tribhuvan International Airport Kathmandu. Meet and greet and transfer to your hotel in AC car.
Day 2: Kathmandu. After breakfast pickup from your hotel. Today you will visit following places:
- Kathmandu Durbar Square: It is a complex of many temples. Some of the noted places which you can see here are Hanumandhoka, Indrapur and Vishnu temple, Kumari Bahal - the temple of living goddess.
- Swayambhunath: Located on the hill top this place gives you a very good glimpse of surrounding Kathmandu. While climbing the top you can spot two magnificent eyes of Buddhas. On the top there are prayer wheels and temple where Buddhist monks perform rituals. There is also Harati Devi temple revered by both Hindus and Buddhist.
- Pashupatinath: A cremation ground for many hindus and also a place where many Sadhus (monks) roams around and can be spotted here with ease. This is temple dedicated to lord Shiva who is considered as ultimate liberator of human soul.
- Boudhanath Stupa:
Day 3: Kathmandu Tour. Morning enjoy the full day tour of Kathmandu and continue your visit to historical and touristic places.
- Patan Durbar Square: It consists of many historical places including the Royal Palace of Malla Kings. Many temple in the vicinity and inside the square are built by Newa people the historical inhabitants. Some of the notable temples that you can visit are: Krishna temple, Taleju Bhawani temple and Bhimsen temple.
- Patan Museum: You can find here traditional crafts and rare objects of historical importance made of bronze, copper and other materials.
- Tibetan Refugee Camp: A camp setup in 1960 for Tibetan Refugees is now well known craftsmanship market of Tibetan people.
- Hiranyavarna Mahavihar: This is one of the famous Buddhist monastery located in Patan also known as Golden Temple. This Pagoda style structure is built in 12th century and consist large prayer wheel, golden roof and Vishnu and Shiva at the entrance guarding the temple. Priest here are younger boys of less than 12 year of age.
Day 4: Kathmandu - Bhaktapur - Nagarkot. Morning drive towards the town of Bhaktapur which is a well preserved historical town in the vicinity of Kathmandu. The word Bhaktapur means the place of Devotees and you can find many important religious temples of Hindu's God and Goddess here. Places to see in Bhakthapur:
- Bhaktapur Durbar Square: The third well preserved Durbar Square in the vicinity of Kathmandu can be found in Bhaktapur town situated 17 kms from Kathmandu. Major attraction of Bhaktapur Durbar Suqares are 55 Windows Palace, Lion's Gate, Golden Gate and Nyatapola temple.
- Nyatapola temple: A 5 storey structure built in Pagoda style is an example of beautiful artistic architecture. The temple is dedicated to goddess Laxmi (prosperity) and was built in 1702 AD. It has also survived the 2015 Earthquake.
Day 5: Nagarkot - Kathmandu. Morning wakeup early to have the glimpse of sunrise. Have the majestic view of Himalayas including the memorable Mount Everest, the highest peak of the world. After breakfast drive to Kathmandu airport for your onward flight.