Evisa for India
The e-Visa system was introduced by the Indian government to simplify the visa application process and promote tourism in the country.
As of last update in September 2021, you can obtain an Indian e-Visa by following these steps:
- Visit the official website: Go to the official Indian government website for e-Visa applications. The website is India E-Visa.
- Choose your e-Visa type: There are three types of e-Visas available: Tourist e-Visa, Business e-Visa, and Medical e-Visa. Select the appropriate visa type based on your purpose of travel.
- Validity: The validity of the e-Visa depends on the type of e-Visa applied for. The tourist and business e-Visas are typically issued for a duration of 30 days, 1 year, or 5 years, depending on the country of the applicant. Medical e-Visas are usually granted for a maximum of 60 days.
- Check eligibility: Review the eligibility criteria to ensure you qualify for the e-Visa. Applicants should have a passport with at least six months' validity from the date of arrival in India and at least two blank pages for stamping.
- Entry Types: The e-Visa allows single or multiple entries, depending on the type and duration of the visa granted.
- Fill out the application form: Complete the online application form with your personal details, passport information, travel dates, and other necessary information. The application process involves completing an online form, uploading the required documents (passport bio-page and photograph), and making the necessary payment online. Once approved, the e-Visa will be emailed to the applicant.
- Upload documents: You will be required to upload a digital passport-sized photograph and a scanned copy of your passport's bio page.
- Pay the fee: Pay the e-Visa processing fee online using a credit/debit card or any other available payment method.
- Wait for processing: After submitting your application and payment, wait for the processing of your e-Visa. The processing time may vary, so it's advisable to apply well in advance of your travel dates.
- Receive the e-Visa: Once your application is approved, you will receive the e-Visa via email. Make sure to print a copy and carry it with you during your travel.
*Please note that the process and requirements may have changed since last update. Always refer to the official Indian government website for the most up-to-date information on the e-Visa application process. Additionally, be aware of any changes in travel regulations and requirements, especially if you are planning to visit India after my last update in September 2021. You can also download sample visa form for an idea to fill-up your form: Sample Evisa Form India